Acumer™ 1100 is manufactured by DOW Chemical (Mid South Chemical is a “certified” repackager of Acumer™ products)
A Low molecular weight polyacrylate homopolymer (4500 Mw) for general purpose scale inhibition
ACUMER™ 1100 is low molecular weight polyacrylate for general purpose scale inhibition within water systems, providing exceptional efficiency at a low dosage over a wide range of pH, water hardness and temperature conditions.
- Industrial water treatment
- Scale inhibition in open recirculating cooling circuits (CaCO3 scale in particular)
- Dispersant for all types of cooling circuits
- Dispersant for boiler sludge control
- Good anti-scaling efficiency at low dosage over a wide range of pH, water hardness and temperature conditions
- Strong dispersant activity contrarily to phosphonates
- Exceptional stability in the presence of hypochlorite
- Contains no phosphorus – meets discharge water legislation requirements
These properties are typical but do not constitute specifications.
|Appearance||Clear to slightly hazy|
|Chemical Nature||Acrylic homopolymer|
|Grade||Partial Na salt (20% neutralized)|
|Average Molecular Weight||4500 (Mw)|
|Total Solids (%)||48|
|pH as is (at 25°C)||3.6|
|Bulk density (at 25°C)||1.24|
|Viscosity Brookfield (mPa.s/cps at 25°C)||800|
ACUMER 1100 is a low molecular weight polyacrylate with a selected molecular weight around 4500 to optimize the anti-scale performance through at least three mechanisms:
- Solubility enhancement by threshold effect, which reduces precipitation of low solubility inorganic salts (calcium carbonate in particular).
- Crystal modification, which deforms the growing inorganic salt crystal to give small, irregular, readily fractured crystals that do not adhere well to surfaces and can be easily removed during cleaning operations.
- Dispersing activity, which prevents precipitated crystals or other inorganic particles from agglomerating and depositing on surfaces.
ACUMER 1100 polymer is a general purpose scale inhibitor as it is effective to prevent scale building in inhibiting precipitation and deposition of calcium carbonate, calcium oxalate, calcium sulfate, barium sulfate, and other low solubility salts.
- Industrial Water Treatment
- Scale inhibition in open recirculating cooling circuits (CaCO3 scale in particular).
- Dispersant for all types of cooling circuits.
- Dispersant for boiler sludge control.
Benefits of ACUMER 1100
Contains no phosphorus, making its use acceptable where legislation requires that discharge waters
Exhibits exceptional stability in the presence of hypochlorite.
Shows good anti-scaling efficiency at low dosage over a wide range of pH, water hardness and temperature conditions.
Offers a strong dispersant activity contrarily to phosphonates.
Please contact a Mid South Representative for additional product information and pricing.