Acumer™ 2000 is manufactured by DOW Chemical (Mid South Chemical is a “certified” repackager of Acumer™ products)
Scale Inhibitor and Dispersant Copolymer stabilizer, scale inhibitor, and dispersant for cooling water treatment
ACUMER™ 2000 is an excellent phosphate and zinc stabilizer and dispersant of inorganic particulates for anti-scale/anti-corrosion cooling water treatment formulations.
- Water treatment
- Cooling waters
- Reverse osmosis
- Industrial and potable
- Prevent the formation of deposits on heat transfer surfaces
- Prevent inorganic and sedimentation fouling
- Stabilizes corrosion inhibitors such as zinc, phosphates, and phosphonates
- NSF-60 certification for RO potable water
- Inhibits precipitation of calcium, magnesium, and iron salts
These properties are typical but do not constitute specifications.
|Appearance||Clear solution to slightly hazy|
|Chemical Nature||Carboxylate/Sulfonate copolymer|
|Average Molecular Weight||4500 (Mw)|
|Total Solids (%)||43|
|pH as is (at 25°C)||4|
|Bulk density (at 25°C)||1.21|
|Viscosity Brookfield (mPa.s/cps at 25°C)||400|
ACUMER 2000 copolymer combines two functional groups: strong acid (sulfonate) and weak acid (carboxylate) that provide optimal anti-scale/dispersant efficiency through the following different mechanisms:
- Solubility enhancement by threshold effect, which reduces precipitation of low solubility inorganic salts.
- Crystal modification, which deforms the growing inorganic salt crystal to give small, irregular, readily fractured crystals that do not adhere well to surfaces and can be easily removed during cleaning operations.
- Dispersing activity, which prevents precipitated crystals or other inorganic particules from agglomerating and depositing on surfaces. The sulfonate groups increase the negative charge of the carboxylate groups adsorbed onto particles and, by then, reinforce the repulsion between the particles, preventing them from aggregating into larger particles which can settle and deposit on tube surfaces and low flow areas.
ACUMER 2000 polymer is designed to provide superior stabilization of calcium phosphate. It also demonstrates excellent stabilization of zinc and calcium carbonate. In addition ACUMER 2000 is a strong dispersant in keeping the silt and commonly encountered inorganic particules suspended and in preventing their settling out onto heat transfer surfaces.
- Stabilizer/Anti-scale deposition polymer for cooling water treatment
- Taking advantage of all its complementary properties and high performance as a stabilizer, anti-scalent and dispersant, ACUMER 2000 is particularly recommended for the majorities of the cooling water treatment programs:
-Phosphate based programs
-Zinc based programs
-Advanced All Organic programs in which ACUMER 2000 helps corrosion inhibitors, such as phosphonates, onto metal surfaces.
Benefits of ACUMER 2000
Exhibits excellent thermal and chemical stability and can be used and stored over a broad range of temperatures and pH’s. This stability enables the formulator to manufacture one-package treatments at high pH for maximum shelf life.
Exhibits exceptional stability in the presence of hypochlorite.
Provides superior iron tolerance when most of the commercially available polymers are desactivated in the presence of soluble iron in the system.
Keeps surfaces clean for maximum heat transfer and corrosion resistance.
Please contact a Mid South Representative for additional product information and pricing.