Acumer™ 4300 is manufactured by DOW Chemical (Mid South Chemical is a “certified” repackager of Acumer™ products)
Scale Inhibitor and Dispersant Superior scale inhibitor and dispersant for calcium carbonate and sulfate control in water systems
ACUMER™ 4300 is a high performance scale inhibitor, specifically developed to prevent both calcium carbonate and calcium sulfate salt deposits in water systems. The unique feature of ACUMER 4300 is the improved overall performance for inhibiting these calcium scales over conventional polymaleic acids, acrylate polymers and phosphonates. This product, a maleic multipolymer, will also prevent the formation of other scales such as calcium oxalate. ACUMER 4300 will also disperse colloids and fine particles such as clay.
- For calcium carbonate and calcium sulfate inhibition in water systems
- Highly effective on a variety of foulants and scale formers (calcium oxalate, calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate, barium sulfate and silt)
- Performs in high alkalinity/hardness and high total dissolved solids systems
- Performs in high and low pH water systems
- Enhances inhibition properties in blends with high performance dispersant polymers
These properties are typical but do not constitute specifications.
|Appearance||Clear solution to slightly hazy liquid|
|% Total Solids||50|
|Viscosity, as Is, mPa.s/cps2||400-1200|
|1Mw is measured by aqueous GPC and reported as acid form|
|2Brookfield LV, Spindle #2, 12 rpm, 25°C|
General purpose scale inhibitor/dispersant – effective on a variety of foulants and scale formers (calcium oxalate, calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate and silt).
Superior calcium carbonate inhibition, performs in high alkalinity/hardness and high total dissolved solids systems.
Excellent calcium sulfate inhibition, performs in high and low pH water systems.
Very effective inhibition of barium sulfate.
Enhances inhibition properties in blends with high performance dispersant polymers
Can replace phosphonates and maleic acid polymers as scale control agents
Stable at all pH levels.
Mechanisms of Action
Maleic polymers are known to be excellent calcium carbonate inhibitors and crystal modifiers but many exhibit only fair calcium sulfate deposit control. A new polymer, ACUMER 4300, has been developed to overcome this problem. ACUMER 4300 contains maleic and a unique combination of other functionalities to provide both superior calcium carbonate and calcium sulfate inhibition, also outperforming HEDP. Preventing calcium sulfate scale is important in water systems treated with sulfuric acid for pH control or if using seawater or briny waters. Also removing sulfur oxide gases in scrubbing systems can result in sulfur containing calcium deposits.
ACUMER 4300 polymer inhibits scale buildup on surfaces through at least three mechanisms:
- Solubility enhancement or threshold effect, which reduces precipitation of low solubility inorganic salts.
- Crystal modification, which deforms the growing inorganic salt crystals to give small, irregular, readily fractured crystal that do not adhere well to surfaces.
- Dispersing activity, which prevents precipitated crystals or other inorganic particles from agglomerating and depositing on surfaces.
Please contact a Mid South Representative for additional product information and pricing.