RO Membrane Treatments
Membrane Antiscalants, Antifoulants, and Biocides
At Mid South, we understand how critical membrane performance is to your system. We offer a complete line of products to extend the life of membrane elements, improve the quality of water produced and reduce the amount of maintenance and cleaning your system requires.
RO 1300 – High performance liquid antiscalant. NSF/ANSI Standard 60 Certified for use in reverse osmosis systems producing potable water.
RO 1302 – Heavy Duty Industrial liquid antiscalant/antifoulant for calcium scale, iron, and suspended solids. NSF/ANSI Standard 60 Certified.
RO 1304 – Maximum performance liquid antiscalant/anitfoulant for silica and calcium control.
Advantages of using Mid South Chemical’s Membrane Treatments
- Preventing the need to replace expensive membranes prematurely
- Reducing water and energy consumption by safely operating at high recovery rates
- Eliminating or reducing the use of hazardous acids
- Maintaining efficient plant operation
- The most comprehensive water treatment product offering in the industry
- Custom blending, packaging, and private labeling services
- Unmatched customer support
- NSF certified drinking water chemicals and registered nonfood compounds
Click here for a listing of Mid South’s RO Fouling Components.
The Membrane Separation Process
The membrane separation process utilizes a high-pressure feed to force water through a semi-permeable barrier. As the water passes through the membrane, contaminates are rejected and eventually flushed to the waste stream. The concentration of the contaminants is crucial to determine the design and operation of the membrane system. During normal operations, membranes can become fouled by colloidal material, inorganic oxides, biological matter, and scaling salts.
Fouling involves the entrapment of material in the feed water or deposits on the membrane surface. These deposits can accrue until they cause a reduction in flow, increase in feed pressure requirements, loss of salt rejection, or all three.
Please contact a Mid South Representative for additional product information and pricing.