Acumer™ 2100 is manufactured by DOW Chemical (Mid South Chemical is a “certified” repackager of Acumer™ products)
Scale Inhibitor and Dispersant Carboxylate/sulfonate copolymer that functions as a scale inhibitor and dispersant for water systems
ACUMER™ 2100 is a copolymer that functions as a scale inhibitor and dispersant by combining strong acid (sulfonate) and weak acid (carboxylate) that provide optimal anti-scale/dispersant efficiency.
- Industrial water treatment
- Pulp and paper process
- Good anti-scaling efficiency against calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate and calcium oxalate
- Low dosage required over a wide range of pH, water hardness and temperature conditions
- Exceptional stability in the presence of hypochlorite
- Very strong dispersant activity
- Good thermal stability
- Contains no phosphorus – meets discharge after legislation requirements
These properties are typical but do not constitute specifications.
|Appearance||Clear solution to slightly hazy|
|Chemical Nature||Carboxylate/Sulfonate copolymer|
|Average Molecular Weight||11,000 (Mw)|
|Total Solids (%)||37|
|pH as is (at 25°C)||4.8|
|Viscosity Brookfield (mPa.s/cps at 25°C)||225|
ACUMER 2100 copolymer combines two functional groups: strong acid (sulfonate) and weak acid (carboxylate) that provide optimal anti-scale/dispersant efficiency through the following different mechanisms:
- Solubility enhancement by threshold effect, which reduces precipitation of sparingly soluble inorganic salts (calcium carbonate in particular).
- Crystal modification, which deforms the growing inorganic salt crystal to give small, irregular, readily fractured crystals that do not adhere well to surfaces and can be easily removed during cleaning operations.
- Dispersing activity, which prevents precipitated crystals or other inorganic particles from agglomerating and depositing on surfaces. The sulfonate groups increase the negative charge of the carboxylate groups adsorbed onto particles and, by then, reinforce the repulsion between the particles, preventing them from aggregating into larger particles which can settle and deposit on tube surfaces and low flow areas.
ACUMER 2100 provides superior stabilization of calcium phosphate, zinc and calcium carbonate. It also prevents calcium sulfate and calcium oxalate scales, even in extreme pH environments (pH 4-10).
In addition, ACUMER 2100 is a strong dispersant in keeping the silt and commonly encountered inorganic particles suspended and in preventing their settling out onto heat transfer surfaces.
- Industrial Water Treatment: Dispersant for boilder sludge control
- Pulp and paper process: Dispersant and scale inhibitor
Benefits of ACUMER 2100
Contains no phosphorus, making its use acceptable where legislation requires that discharge waters contain no or low phosphorous.
Exhibits exceptional stability in the presence of hypochlorite.
Shows good anti-scaling efficiency against calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate and calcium oxalate at low dosage over a wide range of pH, water hardness and temperature conditions.
Exhibits a good thermal stability.
Offers a very strong dispersant activity.
Please contact a Mid South Representative for additional product information and pricing.